Friday, October 23, 2009

SMR- Western Conference Road Trip

For my lab this week I chose to pinpoint some of the different stadiums in the National League Western Conference. Since baseball has been going into the playoffs and the Dodgers have been making a good run, I wanted to take a look at the different teams in our conference and plan out a trip in the region. The different teams include the San Francisco Giants, Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks, and San Diego Padres. I chose to do this type of Neogeography because I would like to one day take a trip with some friends in this manner. I noticed some things that were a bit unexpected to me during the project and they include many different locations on the way I never considered, a better estimation of distance, and overall geography of the land in terms of terrain.

Creating my own map for this assignment brought some confusion in trying to place everything correctly. There are soo many sources on the internet that share related interests or links, that it makes it difficult to locate specific things. I guess the best part is knowing what you really want to work with because it will allow you to search to the precise location desired. In addition, something convenient is being able to locate other points of interest along the way with my trip. I noticed pictures of several historical landmarks, things I did not know about, and things I wish I could now take a look see. One of the possible pitfalls is relying too much on this information for planning. Since it is neogeography, it is still very possible to make mistakes. People that post these up, like myself, are not professionals that I know about. The potential of the map can be exponential. Now that I have laid out the general route to get where I want to go, I can possibly add a video and stream footage along the way while on the road trip. That would be a cool feature that is possible to upload on things like this googlemap.


http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=ml

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=us&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117095613319668832451.00047610b1c0d2cce0c89&lci=com.panoramio.all&ll=40.111689,-104.853516&spn=47.895688,79.013672&z=4

No comments:

Post a Comment